We are Habitat for Humanity Newfoundland and Labrador Inc., an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity Canada. Incorporated as a charitable non-profit organization in Newfoundland and Labrador in May 1994, Habitat NL assists low income families
- To enable families to have the pride of homeownership through affordable housing, delivered through a team of volunteers and partners.
- Housing for all: We believe that access to safe, decent and affordable housing is a basic human right that should be available to all.
- Human Dignity: We believe in the worth and dignity of every human being. We respect the people we serve and those that help us in this effort and recognize them as our greatest resource.
- Partnership: We believe we can best achieve our mission through meaningful and mutually-beneficial partnerships with others.
- Faith in Action: We believe that faith is lived through action. Building on our Christian foundation, we serve and work with people of all faiths and beliefs in a spirit of justice and compassion.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: We believe there is a role for everyone committed to our vision, mission
andvalues and we seek to enrich our organization through diversity.
- To select families in need of adequate, suitable and affordable housing and to nurture ongoing relationships with
- To mobilize kindred agencies, church and service organizations, local communities, volunteers, Habitat families, and the business community in the provision of land,
labour, materials and financial resources.
- To build modest homes in keeping with Habitat principles and local community standards.
- To promote the ideals of Habitat for Humanity and the ongoing sense of commitment and community amongst the partnerships.
A world where everyone has a safe, decent, and affordable place to live.
board of directors
Laura Synyard (Chair)
Jill Snow (Vice Chair)
Colin Ryan (Past Chair)
Miranda Gosse (Past Chair)
Campbell Jamieson (Treasurer)
Sandra Whiffen (Executive Director)
Daphne LeDrew (Accountant)
Lori LeDrew (Manager Family Services & Volunteer
Jon Rossiter – ReStore Manager
Brad Mulrooney – ReStore Donation Ambassador
seeking board members