We are Habitat for Humanity Newfoundland and Labrador Inc., an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity Canada. Incorporated as a charitable non-profit organization in Newfoundland and Labrador in May 1994, Habitat NL assists low income families
- To enable families to have the pride of homeownership through affordable housing, delivered through a team of volunteers and partners.
- Housing for all: We believe that access to safe, decent and affordable housing is a basic human right that should be available to all.
- Human Dignity: We believe in the worth and dignity of every human being. We respect the people we serve and those that help us in this effort and recognize them as our greatest resource.
- Partnership: We believe we can best achieve our mission through meaningful and mutually-beneficial partnerships with others.
- Faith in Action: We believe that faith is lived through action. Building on our Christian foundation, we serve and work with people of all faiths and beliefs in a spirit of justice and compassion.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: We believe there is a role for everyone committed to our vision, mission
andvalues and we seek to enrich our organization through diversity.
- To select families in need of adequate, suitable and affordable housing and to nurture ongoing relationships with
- To mobilize kindred agencies, church and service organizations, local communities, volunteers, Habitat families, and the business community in the provision of land,
labour, materials and financial resources.
- To build modest homes in keeping with Habitat principles and local community standards.
- To promote the ideals of Habitat for Humanity and the ongoing sense of commitment and community amongst the partnerships.
A world where everyone has a safe, decent, and affordable place to live.
board of directors
Miranda Gosse (Chair)
Colin Ryan (Vice-Chair)
Paul Jefford (Treasurer)
join our board
Be part of a dynamic volunteer group of highly talented, dedicated, and accomplished individuals, from a variety of relevant sectors, who are committed to helping Habitat NL accomplish its mission.
Habitat for Humanity NL is currently seeking interested individuals to join our volunteer Board of Directors. Habitat NL assists low-income families
what it means to be a board member
interested in becoming a member?
We are currently seeking individuals with experience in the following areas however we welcome anyone who wishes to put themselves forward.
- Retail Management
- Marketing & Communications
2-yearrenewable term, starting June 2018
- Time commitment of 5-10 hours per month
how to apply
If you would like to join an engaged group of people focussed on advancing the vision of Habitat NL by providing guidance and vision to the Executive Director, valued staff and volunteers, please forward your expression of interest and a brief resume to:
M. Gosse, Board Chair by April 30th, 2018.
Sandra Whiffen (Executive Director)
Kim O’Keefe (Admin Assistant)
Daphne LeDrew (Accountant)
Tyrone Wheeler (Project Manager – Builds)
Lori LeDrew (Manager Family Services & Volunteer
John Downey (ReStore Manager)
Jose Mejia (ReStore Supervisor)
Randy Harris (ReStore Donor Co-Ordinator)